TC Lacrosse will once again be offering a Youth Spring Box Lacrosse League for U8- U10 - U12 and U14 age brackets.
* Teams will have ONE game per weekend & avoid front/back weekends of associations spring break
* Games are Saturdays or Sundays
* Most games played at Hopkins Pavilion & 1st Athlete (Edina).
Alternative Sites: St. Louis Park ROC, Lakeville Hasse Arena
ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST BE ACTIVE MEMBES OF US LACROSSE and have NOCSAE certified shoulder pads.
* Each player registers for a team via their local association website.
** Individual players must ALSO complete a TC Waiver / Covid Waiver (found on main page of TC site).
2022 Participating Programs:
Minnetonka, Eden Prairie, Chan/Chaska, Lakeville, Edina, Shakopee, Farmington, Hopkins, Maple Grove, New Prague
“If I had my choice, I would have every player under the age of 12 play box lacrosse exclusively or at least a majority of the time. The number of touches of the ball and the ability to develop better stick skills in a game of box lacrosse far surpasses what happens on a field."
- Bill Tierney, 7x NCAA DI Champion, Head Coach for University of Denver
"When you watch Canadian kids score, when you see their skill level around the cage, you wonder to yourself, 'Jeez, are we teaching kids [in the U.S.] the wrong things?"
-Coach Dom Starsia, 4x NCAA Champion, Head coach for University of Virginia
* All players must use a short stick
* 4x4 goals and REAL box goalie gear
* U10/ U12/U14 change on the fly
* 3 14 min running time periods.
* OT = Penalty Shots (3 players)
* No cross checking ( hands apart & extending arms)
* The "Interference Rule" will be enforced. When the ball is loose players MUST play the ball or its a change of possession. No man/ball will be allowed.
* The "Scrum Rule" in effect. Scrum lasting 4 seconds will be whistled dead and ball will be awarded via alternate possession.
* The "Hot Rule" will NOT be played at any level